Type: Full Time
Location: London, England, UK (flexible working arrangements)
Who are Gardin?
Gardin is a UK based, VC backed full-stack startup pioneering remote optical plant phenotyping with machine learning to optimise yield, nutrition and quality of food production.
The changing climate and growth in the global population is putting significant stress on our current methods of food production, exacerbating existing issues of topsoil erosion, chemical treatment, and water scarcity.
Gardin enables the food industry to tackle these issues through data-driven precision farming and create positive outcomes for the climate by domesticating food production, quantifying supply chain carbon emissions, increasing resource efficiency and unlocking unproductive farmland to be repurposed as carbon sinks through nature-based climate solutions.
What we're looking for
We are seeking two highly skilled Field Service and Installation technicians to support the role out of Gardin hardware across multiple customers sites both in the UK and locations globally.
- Perform installation and ongoing maintenance of Gardin hardware and networks at customer and partner sites
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to resolve technical issues
- Evaluate products accurately for maintenance, warranty, upgrades in order that all Gardin hardware and networks are operating as specified
- Understand technical problems effectively through correct analysis, evaluation and diagnoses
- Build positive relationships with customers by providing outstanding and excellent service
- Respond to customer complaints timely and effectively
- Conduct customer demonstrations as and when required
- Prepare and distribute Installation, maintenance, warranty records as required
- Provide Training at customer sites
- Basic Linux administration and control and simple scripting tasks (e.g. running a supplied bash or python script)
- General understanding of embedded compute systems like Raspberry Pi
- 5 years of experience in a similar Field Service Role is desirable
- College / University education desirable in relevant discipline
- Office and remote working
- Travel on a regular basis
- Health and Safety qualifications required that cover working and installing Gardin hardware at customer locations
- Chance to make a difference
- Options in a high growth early-stage startup
- Opportunity to be involved in the definition of the company culture and long term strategy
- Flexible working, private medical, pension
Start your application by sending an email to Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter.
Gardin is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on any grounds. We empower, engage, enable and value differences between people, including; different races, ethnicities, genders, ages, religions, disabilities and sexual orientations, with differences in education, backgrounds, skill sets, experiences and knowledge.